[Xastir] Broken

Chip G. n1mie at ct.metrocast.net
Wed Jan 10 19:54:21 EST 2007

On Jan 9, 2007, at 11:32, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> On Sun, 7 Jan 2007, Chip G. wrote:
>
>> On Jan 4, 2007, at 14:43, Curt, WE7U wrote:
>>
>>> Should be one of these paths, depending on where Xastir gets
>>> installed:
>>>
>>> /usr/local/share/xastir/config/xastir.rgb (normal source install)
>>> /opt/Xastir/share/xastir/config/xastir.rgb (LSB install)
>>> /usr/share/xastir/config/xastir.rgb (perhaps an OS binary package)
>>
>> Except that I did a prefix command during the configure, and it is
>> at /sw/share/xastir/config/xastir.rgb (where I believe it should
>> be for my configuration). Part of my question is why it appears to
>> want it at /xastir/config/xastir.rgb.
>
> What does your top-level Makefile show for the CPPFLAGS line after
> you run configure?

Umm ... there is no CPPFLAGS line in my Makefile or Makefile.in or
Makefile.am ... not even after I run ./configure with all my options
(sudo ./configure --with-bdb-libdir=/sw/lib --with-bdb-incdir=/sw/
include/db4 --prefix=/sw --with-rtree). On my other computer with a
recent successful compile I have this line in the "Makefile":

CPPFLAGS = -I/sw/include -I/opt/local/include -I/usr/local/include -I/
usr/X11R6/include -I/sw/include/db4 -DXASTIR_DATA_BASE=\"$
{datarootdir}/xastir\"

So I know what I should find. Both computers have been updated to
CVS. How can the Makefile be wrong? How do I fix it?

> It appears that you're missing the "-D" portion or it's been set to
> the wrong value.  I'm wondering if this could be due to a shell
> other than SH or BASH being used, or some other OSX difference
> that's not accounted for.

I appear to be missing the whole darn line!!!

> FWIW I've done the prefix thing in the LSB port and it works just
> fine.  It installs into "/opt/Xastir/".  I just checked something
> by disabling the xastir.rgb in the standard location of "/usr/local/
> share/xastir/config/xastir.rgb".  LSB Xastir still finds the file,
> presumably at "/opt/Xastir/share/config/xastir.rgb".
>
> I'd like to get to the bottom of this problem.

Not nearly as much as I do. My Xastir has been offline ever since. I
have no way to get it back until I figure this out.

-- Chip
new email: n1mie at ct.metrocast.com