[Xastir] cygwin compile problem me also

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Jan 11 09:48:17 EST 2007

On Thu, 11 Jan 2007, Kevin Paetzold wrote:

> I also have the same compiler issue with maps.o that
> William McKeehan reported.

Wah.  That helps me zero.  I recognize his name of course, but I'm
running 150-200 e-mails a day here so the turn-over on problem
e-mails is pretty fast.  You'll have to describe the problem for me
to remember what it was.

> This seemed to start
> with a CVS import of XASTIR that I did about 2 wks
> or so ago.  I did not do a cygwin update between
> the time that I did not have this issue and the
> time that I started to have this issue.  It seems that
> the only change was importing a new CVS update.
>
> Since I saw no other reports of this on the mail list
> I did not report it (I was trying to figure it out
> myself).  I recently confirmed this occurs also on the
> cygwin that is running on my work PC and this CYGWIN
> was also not updated recently.

Is it possible that CVS messed up one of the updates?  It's happened
to me on several occasions.  Sometimes CVS can't merge changes and
it gets confused, then it puts a couple of duplicate sections in the
file with division lines around them.  The easiest way to get out of
this mode is to delete the file and do another "cvs update".

If that's not the problem then please describe the error messages
you're seeing.