[Xastir] Where is the Mac OSX binary?

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Fri Jan 19 14:40:37 EST 2007

On Sat, Jan 13, 2007 at 08:15:56PM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <fhalasz at swcp.com> flavor, containing:
> I tried to download Xastir for the Intel MacBook from the N1OFZ
> website and received the following message:
>
> The requested URL /Xastir-intel.dmg was not found on this server.
>
> Am I missing some crucial step?

Frank:

Dana announced a few weeks ago that he was working on a new build for PPC and
Intel macs, based on Xastir 1.8.5 instead of 1.8.1, but that he hadn't put it
up on the web site yet.  (I just found that in the archives from earlier
in January, which you can find at http://lists.xastir.org/pipermail/xastir/).

There are instructions on Dana's web site for building xastir from source on
OS X, and also on the Wiki --- perhaps that'll be a faster way to get up and
running than waiting for a new binary distribution?  If you set yourself up
for a source build, you get updated code much faster than waiting for someone
else to make a platform-specific binary.

There are other Mac users here, I think a lot of them build from source and
could help you out.  Dana also recommended the MacAPRS yahoo group, which
is not about the program "MacAPRS" but rather "APRS on Macintosh":