[Xastir] Xastir 1.8.5 + FreeBSD + D700 + Newbie

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sat Jan 20 19:23:21 EST 2007

On Sat, Jan 20, 2007 at 04:20:12PM -0800, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <greg at eigsti.com> flavor, containing:

> I have added my user to the dialer and uucp groups and that does not help.

What are the current permissions and ownership of the /dev/cuad0 device?  I.e.
ls -l /dev/cuad0

If the device isn't writable by group, then adding yourself to the group won't
help.  Also, check that your new group membership is actually in effect by
typing "id" --- you might have to close your shell window and open a new one
to get it to take effect after changing /etc/group, or even log out and back
in.