[Xastir] Portable Digipeater Antenna?

Gerry Creager gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Sun Jul 1 15:42:41 EDT 2007

Couple of thoughts here.

1.  <RANT> Coax-seal is evil and messy.
</rant>

2.  For short-term protection against the elements, I recommend Scotch
23 or 130 rubberized splicing tape plus or minus ScotchKote.

3.  If you were to expand the braid and double it back over the jacket
of the coax, you'd achieve the decoupling you're trying to get with the
(effectively HF) choke.  A similar decoupler can theoretically (meaning,
I've not tried this yet) with a piece of 1/2 in pvc and aluminum or
copper tape bonded (electrically) to the shield and also .52 wave long.

This is a good idea for a short-term, temporary, quickie antenna.

gerry

Gerry Creager -- gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Cell: 979.229.5301 Office: 979.458.4020  FAX 979.862.3983
MAIL:  AATLT, 3139 TAMU
Physical: 1700 Research Parkway, Suite 160,
College Station, TX 77843-3139