[Xastir] libgdal is the master here...

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Mon Jul 2 00:11:26 EDT 2007

On Sun, Jul 01, 2007 at 09:43:11PM -0600, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <russo at bogodyn.org> flavor, containing:

> > So, either don't use repo GDAL/GRASS and roll your own or bring in both and exclude -Lrtree at the config level via a check. Ouch!
>
> I will try to take a look at the configure script tonight to see if I can slam
> in a check for the RTree functions.  I can't really test it out, coz I have
> no GDAL built anywhere that uses GRASS libraries like the one in the
> F7 repository does.

Turns out that this was relatively trivial.

Ok, I've just committed a change to configure.ac that moves the check for
rtree support to just after the check for GDAL, and before it adds the
"-Lrtree -lrtree" to the link line it checks if RTreeSearch is already in
the libraries found so far.  If so, it does nothing, if not, it sets us up
for building our own rtree library.

I am able to test that this doesn't break my own build.  I am unable to check
if this fixes yours.

Please update from CVS and see if configure gets it right now.  If so, it
should just configure and build out of the box, and should not try to link
in -lrtree for your system, since RTreeSearch can be found in the GDAL
library.