[Xastir] Xastir 1.9.1 trail issue

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Jul 2 13:46:49 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2 Jul 2007, sv1uy wrote:

> Thanks for quick and useful reply. This made the trick. What are the best
> setting for New Track Time in minutes and New Track Interval in degrees? Any
> idea of what the recommended settings are? The default values are 0 in both
> cases and this stops tracking altogether.

No, the default for trail_segment_time is 45.  For
trail_segment_distance it's 1.

If your LANG setting is something other than "C" or "en_US", Xastir
can read/write the wrong strings from/to the config file on
shutdown/startup, causing something like this to happen.  It's
common these days for Linux to have something like this in there
instead:

    echo $LANG
    en_US.UTF-8

Which can easily mess things up.