[Xastir] Problem with maps

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Jul 2 17:03:45 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2 Jul 2007, Luka wrote:

> First I did "Reindex all maps" and then I did "Add new maps" in "Map"
> menu. I tried it numerous times and in different ways but it didn't work.

"Reindex ALL Maps" will run through every map file in and below the
maps directory.  If the map is readable by your user and you have
the proper map support compiled into Xastir, that map should then
start showing up in the Map Chooser.

The file the map indexer creates, which Map Chooser then reads, is
this:

    ~/.xastir/config/map_index.sys

If the map isn't listed in that file, then Map Chooser can't find
it.  The indexer either couldn't find it, thought it was too old to
index (as in the case of running "Add New Maps"), the map support
for that type of map wasn't compiled into Xastir, or there was some
other error preventing the successful read & digestion of the map.