[Xastir] Problem with maps

Luka s57lx at hamradio.si
Mon Jul 2 17:57:49 EDT 2007

Well, I regret not running Xastir from konsole, so I could attach errors
or log.

And as for the maps, they had the same permission that they have now and
they were all in .jpg as they are now so that couldn't be the problem, I
think. =)

Well in any case now Xastir works, so now all I have to "hack up" is
soundmodem. It's giving me a bit of headache but for now it works over
the internet.

But would you happen to know the trick, how I can send messages over the
internet? For now I can only receive messages. My friend mentioned
something about validation number, but he's using Ui-wiev.

Curt, WE7U wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Jul 2007, Luka wrote:
>
>> First I did "Reindex all maps" and then I did "Add new maps" in "Map"
>> menu. I tried it numerous times and in different ways but it didn't work.
>
> "Reindex ALL Maps" will run through every map file in and below the
> maps directory.  If the map is readable by your user and you have
> the proper map support compiled into Xastir, that map should then
> start showing up in the Map Chooser.
>
> The file the map indexer creates, which Map Chooser then reads, is
> this:
>
>     ~/.xastir/config/map_index.sys
>
> If the map isn't listed in that file, then Map Chooser can't find
> it.  The indexer either couldn't find it, thought it was too old to
> index (as in the case of running "Add New Maps"), the map support
> for that type of map wasn't compiled into Xastir, or there was some
> other error preventing the successful read & digestion of the map.
>
> --
> Curt, WE7U.   APRS Client Comparisons: http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
> "Lotto:    A tax on people who are bad at math." -- unknown

BOFH Excuse #9:

doppler effect

Luka Goltnik, s57lx at hamradio.si

http://lea.hamradio.si/~s57lx