[Xastir] CYGWIN?

Earl Needham needhame1 at plateautel.net
Wed Jul 4 15:25:05 EDT 2007

At 01:08 PM 7/4/2007, David  Flood wrote:
>Yes, since vmware refuses to run on my main machine, I've gotten it to work
>several times.
>
>What problems are you having?

         I suspect it's due to my ignorance more than anything else.

         I run startxwin.bat and get the "X" window up, but then
can't seem to find Xastir, which is installed, I just can't get to
it.  DIR doesn't give me a directory, so that's part of my ignorance
showing, and I can't even cd to find a different directory.  I'm just
kinda lost at this.

         The reason I'm trying to get Xastir working under Cygwin is
that, when in Kubuntu 7, my broadband card sometimes loses the
internet connection and it doesn't always reconnect.  This
necessitates me finding an exit where I can stop and manually restart
it.  If you know any truck drivers, then you know how irritating this
is.  I've been using Xastir for a couple of weeks now, and I really
like the way I can put weather data on the tiger maps, so I really
want to keep using Xastir, thus my attempts to get it working under
Cygwin vice Kubuntu.

         Thanks,
         Earl

KD5XB -- Earl Needham