[Xastir] CYGWIN?

Alex Carver kf4lvz at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 4 15:34:29 EDT 2007

--- Earl Needham <needhame1 at plateautel.net> wrote:
>          I suspect it's due to my ignorance more
> than anything else.
>
>          I run startxwin.bat and get the "X" window
> up, but then
> can't seem to find Xastir, which is installed, I
> just can't get to
> it.  DIR doesn't give me a directory, so that's part
> of my ignorance
> showing, and I can't even cd to find a different
> directory.  I'm just
> kinda lost at this.

Is Xastir compiled from source or did you download the
prepackaged binary from the Cygwin sources?

run 'echo $PATH' (no quotes) from your command prompt
and copy the output here.  It may be that
/usr/local/bin is not in your path at all.

If it's not, do:

PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin ; hash -r

and then

which xastir

It should come back and say /usr/local/lib/xastir.

'DIR' (all caps) won't work at all.  'dir' may work if
the aliases got installed right (or the 'dir' package
was installed)