[Xastir] openSUSE C header location

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 23:49:41 EDT 2007

On 7/3/07, Tom Russo <russo at bogodyn.org> wrote:

You probably have to install a kernel headers package in your SuSE virtual
> machine before you can proceed.

Yup, that's what it took.  The linux-kernel-headers package was not
installed.  After I installed it, I re-ran the VMware script, and it
actually showed a different directory as the default location for the
headers, /lib/modules/2.6.18.8-0.3-default/build/include - named after the
running kernel version just as you said it was for Ubuntu.  Everything was
fine after that.

Thanks for the tip - right on the money.  OpenSUSE seems like a pretty
decent distro so far.  I definitely like the Adept application in Kubuntu
better than YaST, though.  I'm thinking for installing Xastir, the HowTo for
Fedora may be applicable to openSUSE, but I'll see what Curt has to say.  He
probably had better things to do on the 4th of July than mess with this
stuff.

G1IXV thanks for your input as well.  Fortunately I was already past the
point of installing gcc before I got tripped up on the lack of a kernel
header package.  Installing gcc had already mapped /usr/bin/gcc to
usr/bin/gcc-4.1.

Regards,
Lee - K5DAT