[Xastir] openSUSE 10.2 CVS Success

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Jul 6 13:02:35 EDT 2007

On Fri, 6 Jul 2007, Lee Bengston wrote:

> I don't think either Xastir or the "compiling utilities" need to be
> modified.  I'm thinking just a table in the Wiki that documents what each
> library does for Xastir would suffice.  For example, a newbie seeing a
> library named libax25 or GPSMan without knowing exactly what they do could
> easily assume that they are required given the reference to the
> AX.25protocol and a GPS.

My comments below are more about docs than about adding more
libraries internally.

Wiki's are great, I use them all the time.  However:  Our particular
Wiki seems (to me) to be a bit difficult to find, particularly if
you don't know it exists.

Also, people might get the sources from other places, or not have
fast or convenient web access, so we need to make things as easy as
possible for them.

I feel we should tweak the "configure" output to be as
understandable as possible, plus keep the docs up-to-date which are
distributed with the sources.

I don't want the Wiki to become the source for everything.  It
doesn't work for everybody.  Wiki's also get hacked periodically.