[Xastir] A success report and an inquiry

Jeremy Utley jerutley at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 15:56:50 EDT 2007

Hey guys!

I thought I'd point out that I just managed to get a successful build
of Xastir on my new Fedora 7 64-bit desktop system - I did not bother
with GPSMan or GDAL/OGR, and used the proj and shapelib packages from
the Fedora repositories - the only thing I installed from source was
libgeotiff and Xastir itself.

There's one minor thing that has always bugged me with Xastir - don't
know if anyone else has ever encountered this - but at least on my
screen (which I run at 1600x1200x24bit), the callsigns next to each
name are VERY hard to read - is there any way to increase their size
or anything to make them more readable?

You can see a sample of what I'm referring to at:

http://www.jutley.org/temp/xastir.png

Jeremy, NW7JU