[Xastir] New geocode database files available at aprs.tamu.edu

Reuven Z Gevaryahu gevaryah at netaxs.com
Fri Jul 6 18:33:44 EDT 2007

Tom Russo wrote:

>Several weeks ago I conversed with Jason Winningham about a little chore
>related to the TIGER/Line 2006 Second Edition files that he had so
>painstakingly downloaded and processed into shapefiles with the aid
>of a large cluster of linux machines.  This chore was the generation of the
>"geocode" files that make Xastir's "Find Address" feature work.

I had tried doing this a few months back, and noticed that the geocoder
scripts gave many errors, even with the latest CVS version of the
geocoder- I assumed that one of the record formats had changed. I also
couldn't find any new "old format" FIPS data. And to top it off, I ran
clean out of disk space. So I gave up for then on getting anything more
accurate than my 2005 version (that I posted here).

Did you have to make any changes to the geocoder source code to run these?

Thanks guys!

--Reuven (KB3EHW)