[Xastir] New geocode database files available at aprs.tamu.edu

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Fri Jul 6 19:11:37 EDT 2007

On Jul 6, 2007, at 5:33 PM, Reuven Z Gevaryahu wrote:

> I had tried doing this a few months back, and noticed that the
> geocoder
> scripts gave many errors,

There were some errors ("unexpected version code") that I think were
related to having a newer version of the TIGER data than the script
was written for.  There were a very few other errors, but the data
seemed OK.  If anyone finds a problem, post a message here and we'll
have a look.

> Did you have to make any changes to the geocoder source code to run
> these?

Not the source.  I did make a small change to a script when running
the entire USA in one file; the way the script was written there was
a single command that was over 17kb long, and for some reason linux
had a problem with it. |:  Other than that, no changes.

I should also note that Tom did all the hard part on this and the
TIGER shapefile maps; all I did was take advantage of a fat pipe and
some idle machines. (:

-Jason
kg4wsv