[Xastir] openSUSE 10.2 CVS Success

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 19:02:12 EDT 2007

On 7/6/07, Curt, WE7U <archer at eskimo.com> wrote:

> The latest CVS:
>

> MINIMUM OPTIONS:
>   Building with ShapeLib (Vector maps) ................. : yes
>
> RECOMMENDED OPTIONS:
>   Building with GraphicsMagick/ImageMagick (Raster maps) : yes
> (GraphicsMagick)
>   Building with pcre (Shapefile customization) ......... : yes
>   Building with dbfawk (Shapefile customization) ....... : yes
>   Building with rtree indexing (Shapefile speedups) .... : yes
>   Building with map caching (Raster map speedups) ...... : yes
>   Building with internet map retrieval ................. : yes (libcurl)
>
> FOR THE ADVENTUROUS:
>   Building with AX25 (Linux Kernel I/O Drivers) ........ : yes
>   Building with libproj (USGS Topos & Aerial Photos) ... : yes
>   Building with GeoTiff (USGS Topos & Aerial Photos) ... : yes
>   Building with Festival (Text-to-speech) .............. : yes
>   Building with GDAL/OGR (Obtuse map formats) .......... : yes
>   Building with GPSMan/gpsmanshp (GPS downloads) ....... : yes
>
> DEVELOPER OPTIONS:
>   Building with ErrorPopups (Old Method) ............... : no
>   Building with libgc (Debug memory usage) ............. : no
>   Building with profiling (Debug code efficiency) ...... : no
>   Building with Linux Standard Base (LSB) .............. : no

Looking good.  Thanks for all the effort - never thought I would start what
ended up to be this when building XASTIR with all the bells and whistles
last night, but the results are nice.

Noticing in the Wiki there was not an equivalent of the HowTo:Ubuntu 6.10 or
7.04 for openSUSE, I set out to try to accomplish the same tasks that are
layed out in a very nice step by step fashion in the HowTo for Ubuntu so
that they could possibly be documented in a new HowTo for openSUSE 10.2.  I
figured it was a way I could contribute given the help I have received.  The
information above helps with creating the HowTo because the steps can be
organized to cover the recommended options first before moving on to the
more adventurous options for those who want to.  My main motivation for
perfectionism had something to do with it, too.

Have a great weekend,
Lee - K5DAT