[Xastir] openSUSE 10.2 CVS Success

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sat Jul 7 16:27:24 EDT 2007

On Fri, Jul 06, 2007 at 06:02:12PM -0500, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <lee.bengston at gmail.com> flavor, containing:

>  Noticing in the Wiki there was not an equivalent of the HowTo:Ubuntu 6.10 or
>  7.04 for openSUSE, I set out to try to accomplish the same tasks that are
>  layed out in a very nice step by step fashion in the HowTo for Ubuntu so
>  that they could possibly be documented in a new HowTo for openSUSE 10.2.  I
>  figured it was a way I could contribute given the help I have received.  The
>  information above helps with creating the HowTo because the steps can be
>  organized to cover the recommended options first before moving on to the
>  more adventurous options for those who want to.  My main motivation for
>  perfectionism had something to do with it, too.

Do you have an account on the Wiki, and have you got wikieditor privileges?
If not, please register and then email to me, Curt and Chuck, and one of us
will make sure your account gets the appropriate privileges so you can actually
do the editing you want to do.

We had to lock down the Xastir wiki after a round of vandalism.  Looking at
the disaster that the APRS wiki at info.aprs.net has become due to being
completely open (it's been completely trashed twice this week, and it's only
a matter of tine before it happens again), it's a good thing we did this to
the Xastir wiki.