[Xastir] AX25

Bill Vodall WA7NWP wa7nwp at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 11:40:51 EDT 2007

Hi,

This weekend I started up Xastir initially with the intent of just
watching the local traffic.  Then I realized that I might as well use
it with the AX25 (packet on Linux) connection to both view and Igate
on another local packet channel.  It should be very fun and even
useful.

The only problem is that the AX25 Interface isn't working.  I set up
an interface, put in the name of the AX25 device ("eoc") clicked start
and nothing happens.  No debug messages, no errors, nada.

What's the trick here?

Thanks,
Bill - WA7NWP

PS.  The associated ttyS0 is rw for all OGU.  Maybe I need to suid Xastir?