[Xastir] AX25

J. Lance Cotton joe at lightningflash.net
Mon Jul 16 12:09:03 EDT 2007

on 7/16/2007 10:40 AM Bill Vodall WA7NWP said the following:
> The only problem is that the AX25 Interface isn't working.  I set up
> an interface, put in the name of the AX25 device ("eoc") clicked start
> and nothing happens.  No debug messages, no errors, nada.
>
> What's the trick here?
> PS.  The associated ttyS0 is rw for all OGU.  Maybe I need to suid Xastir?

Assuming you started kissattach to connect the port named eoc to the serial
port, of course.

Xastir does need SUID, but not because of the serial port. Xastir needs SU
privileges in order to open the eoc ax.25 port.

-Lance KJ5O

--
J. Lance Cotton, KJ5O
joe at lightningflash.net
http://kj5o.lightningflash.net
Three Step Plan: 1. Take over the world. 2. Get a lot of cookies. 3. Eat the
cookies.