[Xastir] Screen Resolution problem

Earl Needham needhame1 at plateautel.net
Wed Jul 18 23:11:26 EDT 2007

         I've just spent the last 24 hours fighting a screen
resolution problem.  I'm frustrated, angry, and trying not to vent on
either of these mailing lists.  I even though it was fixed for a
while, and then it returned.  At one point, I lost my xorg.conf file
and not knowing what else to do, I reloaded Kubuntu 7.04 from
scratch.  Seemed to work fine, until just now, when the screen went
back to 640 X 480 and again, any larger resolution than this is
totally distorted and not usable.  I'm starting to wonder if Xastir
might not be what's causing this, but it's just speculation.

         I'm going to put this on the back burner for a while, just
so I don't go berserk and throw the laptop out the window at 70 MPH!

         But if anybody has seen this before and knows how to fix it,
I'm all ears.

         7 3
         Earl

KD5XB -- Earl Needham