[Xastir] Screen Resolution problem

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Jul 19 16:07:52 EDT 2007

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007, Earl Needham wrote:

>          I've just spent the last 24 hours fighting a screen
> resolution problem.  I'm frustrated, angry, and trying not to vent on
> either of these mailing lists.  I even though it was fixed for a
> while, and then it returned.  At one point, I lost my xorg.conf file
> and not knowing what else to do, I reloaded Kubuntu 7.04 from
> scratch.  Seemed to work fine, until just now, when the screen went
> back to 640 X 480 and again, any larger resolution than this is
> totally distorted and not usable.  I'm starting to wonder if Xastir
> might not be what's causing this, but it's just speculation.

I doubt it's Xastir.  Xastir doesn't do anything related to changing
screen resolution.

Is there a chance you're hitting <CTRL><ALT>+ or <CTRL><ALT>-

As I recall those are the commands to the X-server to change to the
next resolution you have defined.  Perhaps your X11 has a different
set of commands though.