[Xastir] Tiger2006 - dbfawk

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Jul 25 10:40:25 EDT 2007

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> > On dbfawk, what does it take to build dbfinfo - possibly "make dbfinfo" from
> > inside the shapelib config directory?
>
> It looks like the Makefile there isn't quite correct.  Not on my
> system anyway.  I managed to rename Makefile_orig to Makefile and do
> "make dbfinfo" to get it.  A "make" at that stage results in another
> executable getting compiled and then I get an error and it bombs
> out.
>
> Originally I made the tools from a full Shapelib distribution.  I
> haven't tried building them from Xastir's version of the same.
> Perhaps others have.

Here's what I managed to do on my system, using the Shapelib that
comes with Xastir:

    cd xastir/src/shapelib/contrib
    mv Makefile Makefile.2
    mv Makefile_orig Makefile
    make shpdxf;make shpproj;make dbfinfo;make shpcentrd;make shpdata;make shpwkb; make dbfcat;make shpinfo;make shpfix;make shpcat

This builds _some_ of the executables on my system, but not all.
The rest error out during the compile.  It created these
executables:

    shpdxf
    dbfinfo
    dbfcat
    shpfix
    shpcat

Including "dbfinfo" which you were after.