[Xastir] Tiger2006 - dbfawk

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sun Jul 29 01:23:13 EDT 2007

On Wed, Jul 25, 2007 at 07:22:20AM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <archer at eskimo.com> flavor, containing:
> On Tue, 24 Jul 2007, Lee Bengston wrote:
> > On dbfawk, what does it take to build dbfinfo - possibly "make dbfinfo" from
> > inside the shapelib config directory?
>
> It looks like the Makefile there isn't quite correct.  Not on my
> system anyway.  I managed to rename Makefile_orig to Makefile and do
> "make dbfinfo" to get it.  A "make" at that stage results in another
> executable getting compiled and then I get an error and it bombs
> out.

I never bothered to set up the makefile in Xastir's shapelib to build the
tools shpcreate, shpadd, shpinfo, dbfcreate, dbfadd and dbfinfo, because I
felt at the time that that was one of those things that "power users" would
want, and those power users would just go ahead and build from the shapelib
distribution, not ours.

The makefile we've got could be set up to work properly with a small amount of
effort.