[Xastir] Re: [ubuntulinux] Re: Screen Resolution problem

Earl Needham needhame1 at plateautel.net
Tue Jul 31 10:03:14 EDT 2007

At 05:45 PM 7/19/2007, I wrote:
><snip>
>At one point, I had 25 various xorg files, all different
>iterations of the same thing. I tried to delete the excess ones and
>got the basic one too, so the machine was toast. Reloaded Kubuntu
>and started searching on the internet and found some common problems
>having to do with missing lines for vertical and horizontal specs for
>monitors. Currently, I have added the lines and it seems to be
>running well, but I'll give it a few days before I trust it again --
>the problem only seems to show up on a reboot.

         And now it's gone bad again, but it's SO bad that I can't
even see the screen well enough to change the resolution to something
that will work.

         I really wanted Kubuntu to work, because I really wanted
Xastir to work.  But I think this is the end and I'm done with it.

         I wonder if Fedora is less buggy.
         Earl

KD5XB -- Earl Needham
Clovis, New Mexico DM84jk