[Xastir] Re: [ubuntulinux] Re: Screen Resolution problem

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Jul 31 10:40:16 EDT 2007

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007, Earl Needham wrote:

>          And now it's gone bad again, but it's SO bad that I can't
> even see the screen well enough to change the resolution to something
> that will work.
>
>          I really wanted Kubuntu to work, because I really wanted
> Xastir to work.  But I think this is the end and I'm done with it.
>
>          I wonder if Fedora is less buggy.

FWIW:  I've not had such problems with OpenSuSE.  I don't know if
it'd work with your hardware, but I've had good luck with it on
several machines since about version 6.4.  I'm running 10.0 now.

There are always a few nits with each version.  The current one
(with 10.2) is that you need to downgrade the OpenMotif version to
avoid one bug, plus they seem to forget a header file or two which
you need to get Xastir compiled.  All of this is explained in the
Wiki or the README/INSTALL files.

The above is just another data point in case you're really thinking
about switching OS versions.  Myself I tend to stick with a version
and work out the bugs rather than switch and adopt a whole new set
of problems.  None of them are perfect.