[Xastir] no maps

Darryl Gibson n2diy at losch.net
Sat Jun 2 23:48:29 EDT 2007

Tom Russo wrote:

> If you have problems, rather than backing of to an older source distribution,
> try posting the errors here and we can probably get you squared away.  I've
> installed Xastir onto 3 Ubuntu 7.04 machines already; I  wrote the
> wiki instructions while doing the first one, and did the other two by
> following the steps I had just posted on the wiki, so the Wiki instructions
> should get you all the way there.  If they don't, perhaps there's been a
> change in the Ubuntu repositories that break the instructions in the last
> few days.  We should get them fixed if that's the case.

This maybe an Ubuntu issue. I've been lurking on the #ubuntu-kernel irc
channel, and last week they did a kernel update, that appears to have
been premature.

The discussion was on 5/29, and appears to be related to how sata and
pata drives are handled, and the use of uuid vs hdx designations. Along
with sdx vs hdx drive designations.

Plus, TI MMC cards are effected, a long with mice using SiS chipsets.

I can forward a transcript (partial?) if anybody wants a look at it.

Problems on the #ubuntu channel seem to be calming down, so maybe it has
been patched already?

Personally, I wasn't effected, as I'm running Dapper LTS with an SMP kernel.

Darryl Gibson N2DIY
Ubuntu, free software for everybody. (TM)
RLU X 182668/379552

“Arms are the only true badges of liberty. The possession of arms is the
distinction of a free man from a slave.”   --  Andrew Fletcher, A
Discourse of Government with relation to Militias (1698)