[Xastir] no maps

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 19:33:13 EDT 2007

On 6/3/07, Lee Bengston <lee.bengston at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Definitely - just got Kubuntu 7.04 up and running with a new install
under
>  VMware server.  I will then try a CVS based install and save everything.

Hi All,

As a follow up to my earlier message today, I compiled Xastir 1.91 under
Kubuntu 7.04 just fine this afternoon following the wiki at
http://www.xastir.org/wiki/index.php/HowTo:Ubuntu_6.10

This was on a clean installation of Kubuntu Feisty under VMware server.
Thanks, Tom, for your encouragement on trying it again.  I probably just
mistyped something during the first attempt.  I have not tried running the
get-maptools script yet.

One thing I did differently - this time I mistakenly used the line intended
for Kubuntu 6.10,

sudo apt-get install cvs autoconf automake1.9 xorg-dev libmotif-dev
imagemagick gv libxp-dev

I then used the adept manager to remove automake1.9 and add automake.
Then I just added x11proto-print-dev with Adept and left libxp-dev as is.

Regards,

Lee - K5DAT