[Xastir] Caching maps?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Jun 7 11:18:59 EDT 2007

On Wed, 6 Jun 2007, Tom Russo wrote:

> Since Earl has already installed libdb4.5 he should now just need to install
> libdb4.5-dev --- ignore my previous instructions to install libdb4.4-dev,
> unless you also de-install libdb4.5 first.  You want to have only one version
> of libdb installed so that configure is sure to pick up only the right matching
> versions of things.

Let me agree wholeheartedly with what Tom just said:  If Xastir is
compiled with one version of libdb, then at runtime it detects that
the library is a different version, it will disable map caching
(refusing to use that particular library) in order to prevent
crashes.  It alerts you to this fact in the startup messages in the
xterm you started it from.