[Xastir] Caching maps?

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Wed Jun 6 23:30:17 EDT 2007

On Wed, Jun 06, 2007 at 09:22:33PM -0500, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <lee.bengston at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
>  On 6/6/07, Tom Russo <russo at bogodyn.org> wrote:
>

>  Installation of libdb and its development headers (both accomplished by the
> > above line due to the -dev headers package depending on the library
> > package)
> > is part of the instructions on the "HowTo:Ubuntu 6.10 and 7.04" wiki page.
> > If you followed those instructions and already installed the libraries
> > there
> > must be something else going on.
>

>  I can vouch for this.  I'm using Kubuntu 7.04, and I just recently installed
>  Xastir 1.91 per the HowTo:Ubuntu 6.10 and 7.04 page, and map caching is
>  working.  In this case it was done with libdb4.4.  You can either do a sudo
>  apt-get install libdb4.4-dev or search for libdb4.4-dev with Adept and tell
>  it to install.  Hopefully that is all it will take before configuring and
>  building again.

You have to configure and build again after installing the libraries,
regardless, because if configure doesn't detect the libraries it sets up
so that the map caching code is not compiled.  Just installing the libraries
and headers won't enable map caching in a code built while they weren't
available.

Since Earl has already installed libdb4.5 he should now just need to install
libdb4.5-dev --- ignore my previous instructions to install libdb4.4-dev,
unless you also de-install libdb4.5 first.  You want to have only one version
of libdb installed so that configure is sure to pick up only the right matching
versions of things.