[Xastir] Caching maps?

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 22:22:33 EDT 2007

On 6/6/07, Tom Russo <russo at bogodyn.org> wrote:

Installation of libdb and its development headers (both accomplished by the
> above line due to the -dev headers package depending on the library
> package)
> is part of the instructions on the "HowTo:Ubuntu 6.10 and 7.04" wiki page.
> If you followed those instructions and already installed the libraries
> there
> must be something else going on.

I can vouch for this.  I'm using Kubuntu 7.04, and I just recently installed
Xastir 1.91 per the HowTo:Ubuntu 6.10 and 7.04 page, and map caching is
working.  In this case it was done with libdb4.4.  You can either do a sudo
apt-get install libdb4.4-dev or search for libdb4.4-dev with Adept and tell
it to install.  Hopefully that is all it will take before configuring and
building again.

73
Lee - K5DAT