[Xastir] Re: Filters? -- Solved

Chris Thompson kf4drr at windstream.net
Thu Jun 7 19:13:33 EDT 2007

On Thursday 07 June 2007 5:09:16 pm Curt, WE7U wrote:

On Thu, 7 Jun 2007, Tom Russo wrote:

>> Did you set up your interface so that you transmitted your position to the
>> APRS-IS server?  If not, it has no idea where you are and so can't tell you
>> when there is a station within 160km of you.
>>
>> Check that your interface has "Allow Transmitting" turned on.
>
>Make sure you enter a passcode corresponding to your callsign.
>
>Don't type in the keyword "filter" in the filter box.  Xastir puts
>that in for you behind-the-scenes.

thanks Tom and Curt these tips did the trick. I should have caught on to the
fact that i didnt have a passcode set sooner, for some reason i totally over
looked that one.

the allow transmitting was checked and i didnt have the word filter in the
filter box (although i had wondered if i needed it but quickly talked myself
out of that one)

i now have the port set back to 14580 and the range set to m/160 and all is
well.

--
-Chris