[Xastir] KPC-9612+

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 09:30:28 EDT 2007

On 6/11/07, Jeremy Utley <jerutley at gmail.com> wrote:

As I remember it, the KPC-9612 is an odd beast - it's a dual-port TNC
> (both 1200 & 9600 baud modems in it).  Xastir can't directly speak to
> both ports at once via KISS as far as I know - you might be able to
> get it to work without KISS.  You could also set up Linux's AX.25
> support directly, using mkiss to set up both ports - I did this at one
> time for my KAM (both 300baud and 1200baud modems).
>
> HTH,
>
> Jeremy, NW7JU

The 9600 port is really for point to point as I recall.  For APRS I never
used anything but the 1200 baud port.  I had it working several years ago
with APRS+ SA - I think I just told the software it was a KPC3.  I don't
remember if APRS+ used Kiss mode with it or not.  It's been so long since I
used it - memory is fading.

Thanks,
Lee - K5DAT