[Xastir] Broken II

Chip G. n1mie at ct.metrocast.net
Fri Jun 15 08:40:29 EDT 2007

This is an old thread to most of you, but it is near and dear to me.
I've had this problem twice before. This time the resolution was
simple. I just waited two months (busy work schedule) and recompiled
again. Nothing was manually changed on my system. The only other
thing which likely changed was my updating of pieces via Fink.

Anyway the happy story is that it is working again ... for now ...  :)

On Apr 2, 2007, at 14:56, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> On Mon, 2 Apr 2007, Chip G. wrote:
>
>>> fprint(stderr, "Error! can not find color file: %s\n",
>>> get_data_base_dir(temp));
>>
>> This was the error to which I referred in my original post, which
>> read:
>>
>>> Error! can not find color file /xastir/config/xastir.rgb
>>
>> That tells me that it is looking for a directory named xastir in the
>> root for the hard drive. There is no such directory. It should be
>> reading either /sw/share/xastir/config/xastir.rgb OR ~/.xastir/
>> config/
>> xastir.rgb (does not exist on my system, but would make sense). In
>> any case, for some reason the get_data_base_dir() function has the
>> wrong path. I haven't traced this back (yet) but I am certain it is
>> part of the problem.
>
> xa_config.c:
>
> char *get_data_base_dir(char *dir) {
>     static char base[MAX_VALUE];
>     char *env_ptr;
>
>     // Snag this variable from the environment if it exists there,
>     // else grab it from the define from the compile command-line
>     // that should look like one of these:
>     //
>     // -DXASTIR_DATA_BASE=\"/opt/Xastir/share/xastir\"
>     // -DXASTIR_DATA_BASE=\"/usr/local/share/xastir\"
>

> On my system it looks like this on each compile line:
>
>     -DXASTIR_DATA_BASE=\"/usr/local/share/xastir\"
>
> It is set in configure.ac here:
>
> # Set XASTIR_DATA_BASE in CPPFLAGS due to Gnu coding standard that
> requires
> # datadir expansion to be deferred until make time.
> if test "x${datadir}" = "x"; then
>   CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS -DXASTIR_DATA_BASE=\\\"${ac_default_prefix}/
> share/xastir\\\""
> else
>   CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS -DXASTIR_DATA_BASE=\\\"${datadir}/xastir\\\""
> fi
>

> --
> Curt, WE7U.   APRS Client Comparisons: http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
> "Lotto:    A tax on people who are bad at math." -- unknown

73,
--de Chip (N1MIE) FN41bn