[Xastir] No Maps

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Sat Jun 16 01:10:28 EDT 2007

Lee Bengston wrote:
> Quick question on the maps.  Is it just your gif and jpg maps that do not
> display, i.e. other maps such as the online tiger maps display OK?
>

> Lee - K5DAT
> Murphy, TX

It's only gif and/or jpg that I'm interested in, from scanned
topographic maps, mostly.

Our mapping authorities believe that if they are using public money to
create maps, that same public should pay again to get copies of them.
The user pays, and pays again principle.

I got the latest LSB version of xastir going a short while ago and it is
displaying jpg maps. It wouldn't display gif but no great problem with
that, I just converted them to jpg with Irfanview.

Ray vk2tv