[Xastir] Weather maps are now black

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Jun 20 09:46:18 EDT 2007

On Tue, 19 Jun 2007, Tom Russo wrote:

> The script that generates the weather images at the server seems to have some
> kind of bug where it occasionally changes the color value of the background
> pixels from 0x000000 to 0x010101 and back without warning.  Xastir can handle
> at most one transparent color, and that color is coded into the WMSRadar.geo
> file as a hex number.

Hmmm...  We _could_ change that by adding a fixed length table or a
linked list of transparent values found in the .geo.  This would
slow down the rendering code a bit if there were several values
listed, but it doesn't sound terribly difficult to add this feature.
This could also allow some neat stuff like removing removing water,
railroads, green areas, etc. from other maps.

If implementing this I'd probably recommend a linked list so that
the number of transparent values possible wasn't fixed.