[Xastir] Weather maps are now black

Gerry Creager gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Wed Jun 20 18:54:55 EDT 2007

Outside the US, virtually all radar are fee-for-service products.
Further, with the exception of some Korean (South Korean!) sites that
now have WSR-88d's and openRPGs, very few radar systems produce anything
that's more than remotely compatible with the systems we use.  I've been
trying to access the data from Cuba but there's still some problems with
communicating with their government that I can't break through yet.

I'm also working on a project now to densify NWS coverage with broadcast
radar systems where A) the systems are compatible and B) the
broadcasters are willing to work with us.  More on this later when it
works and I am allowed to report on results.

gerry

Gerry Creager -- gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Cell: 979.229.5301 Office: 979.458.4020 FAX: 979.862.3983