[Xastir] Xastir on rugged/small devices- Nokia N800

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Jun 21 10:13:30 EDT 2007

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007, Bernard Tyers wrote:

> Along the lines of the mail below about the ruggidized, mini laptop,
> has anyone looked at getting Xastir running on a Nokia N800?

Some friends of mine keep mentioning that device on the tcpgroup
mailing list.  From the link you posted it looks like it support
GTk+.  I actually have a device with a touch-screen that runs
Qtopia, which supports Qt.  Neither one would work with Xastir as we
require Motif.

Now...  This is not to say that Xastir couldn't be made to run on
such devices.  You'd have to compile OpenMotif or Lesstif and get
one installed on the device, or modify the Xastir GUI to use GTk+
(for the Nokia N800) or Qt (several other devices including the
Sharp Zaurus) in order to port Xastir to them.