[Xastir] Build issues

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Jun 25 15:40:38 EDT 2007

On Sun, 24 Jun 2007, James Ewen wrote:

> So, I'm back at it again... having problems with building Xastir on Cygwin.

I don't have a way to test Cygwin installs anymore, so someone else
will have to help you this time.

> Running update-xastir, I see there's a problem with permissions in
> updating files
>
> Merging differences between 1.11 and 1.12 into update-xastir
> cvs [update aborted]: cannot rename file .new.update-xastir to
> update-xastir: Permission denied

You can always delete the file and try again.  CVS is nice that way.

> I have no idea what I've done, but ImageMagick has disappeared as well.
>
> checking for WriteImage in -lMagick... no
> configure: WARNING: *** Cannot find ImageMagick library files:
> Building w/o ImageMagick support. ***
>
> I went through the wiki instructions, downloaded the Cygwin Binary and
> installed it, modified configure, etc... still no go.

Make sure you install ImageMagick and ImageMagick development
package.

I heard a while back that the Cygwin GraphicsMagick package was
broken, but perhaps they've fixed it by now.  If so, installing the
GM and GM-devel packages would be another thing to try.