[Xastir] Xastir on rugged/small devices- Nokia N800

J. Lance Cotton joe at lightningflash.net
Tue Jun 26 11:15:47 EDT 2007

on 6/26/2007 10:04 AM Curt, WE7U said the following:
> I once mistakenly made the offer to someone inquiring about a Zaurus
> PDA that if they bought me one I'd be inclined to port to it.  It
> was a nice device but the amount of time that would be required
> would be excessive.  I retracted my offer once I figured out the
> price/effort ratio (someone was interested in taking me up on the
> offer too!).

I have a Zaurus, too. There is an alternate ROM system for it (openzaurus)
which comes in two flavors: Qt-based and X11-based. I've only tried the
X11-based one superficially, not with xastir.

Not sure if it's even worth it -- the model I have has 64M of RAM, and it's
split between ramdisk and working-memory. Various builds of the firmware can
change the ratio between working memory and storage, but I don't know how
well Xastir would work in such a small memory space.

-Lance KJ5O

--
J. Lance Cotton, KJ5O
joe at lightningflash.net
http://kj5o.lightningflash.net
Three Step Plan: 1. Take over the world. 2. Get a lot of cookies. 3. Eat the
cookies.