Fwd: [Xastir] System cost options

Greg Eigsti greg at eigsti.com
Tue Jun 26 19:13:56 EDT 2007

The Rino 520/530 boast 5 watts on the GMRS bands; though mine does
not perform as I would expect - What I cannot tx/rx through that
mountain? ;)  I have also been very happy with the battery life of
the stock li/ion batteries.  We use ours on the dirt bikes to keep in
touch with each other (and to track each other).  IMO a great
package!  Now if only one of the HAM mfgrs would step up and give us
all that the Rino offers + HAM bands + TNC...

Great discussion as I am very interested in bridging HAM/Rino -
though work/wife/kids get in the way of that goal most of the time ;)

Greg
KD7UBJ