[Xastir] Precision Mapping?

J. Lance Cotton joe at lightningflash.net
Thu Jun 28 10:42:30 EDT 2007

on 6/28/2007 8:48 AM Earl Needham said the following:
>         I have Precision Mapping available here, since I've been using
> it with UI-View32 for quite some time.  Is there a way to use the
> Precision Mapping maps with Xastir?

Take a screenshot of the map area you like, and set up a .geo file that
references the corner points of the screenshot with the real locations under
those corner points.

Xastir cannot interface directly with external mapping programs, period.
Main reason is it's often against the terms of use for those mapping
programs, or the interface method is proprietary or costly.

-Lance

--
J. Lance Cotton, KJ5O
joe at lightningflash.net
http://kj5o.lightningflash.net
Three Step Plan: 1. Take over the world. 2. Get a lot of cookies. 3. Eat the
cookies.