[Xastir] Directories/Ubuntu

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Mar 6 10:56:24 EST 2007

On Tue, 6 Mar 2007, Peter Maxfield wrote:

> Part of this exercise is intended to get me familiar with linux in more
> detail.  Believe me, I don't like looking and sounding like an idiot.  I do
> that easily enough in my normal day to day activities.  However, if Ubuntu
> is non-standard, what is?  There are so many distro's out there, I only
> picked Ubuntu because Xubuntu was in the VMplayer release of Xastir.
>
> Now, I am not trying to start a war here.  I'm just trying to learn.  Should
> I restart this project with a Debian or FC distro?  I don't want to keep
> imposing on this group by being non-standard.  You guys (and girls) have
> been great to me!

There are enough people on here to where Ubuntu or Kubuntu are
probably good options for getting mailing list support.

I was just venting a bit about the non-standard stuff and hoping
that people would keep the docs issue in perspective.

Really, nearly _any_ Unix/Linux is a good thing to move to, whether
it follows some generally accepted standard for
commands/administration methods or not.

Stick with what you've got if it's working.  There's plenty of time
later to get opinionated as to what's the best Linux.  I've had a
few years to do it myself (like nearly 15).  ;-)