[Xastir] Success!

Peter Maxfield pmaxfield at charter.net
Sat Mar 10 21:57:49 EST 2007

Again, thanx to everyone who has put up with me these past few weeks and
months.  I now have Xastir running on my  "dual boot"notebook (Edgy Eft).
Weather alerts, FCC database and address locator all appear to be working
fine.  I'm learning a lot about linux.  It seems that once you grasp the
principle of dependencies and how to make and install, it's pretty easy.  Of
course, I've not had any serious problems.

I would still like to overlay one of the radar maps over the tiger maps, but
can't seem to get it right.  I've tried different layers without success.  I
don't even see it as an example on the Xastir site.

Oh well, for now, better things to do... like learning to get my 802.11g USB
dongle to work, hooking up printers, attaching to my NAS and more.  Off to
linux and ubuntu forums...

For now.  Thanx again!

Best regards,

Peter Maxfield