[Xastir] Success!

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Sat Mar 10 22:32:34 EST 2007

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007, Peter Maxfield wrote:

> I would still like to overlay one of the radar maps over the tiger maps, but
> can't seem to get it right.  I've tried different layers without success.  I
> don't even see it as an example on the Xastir site.

  Here's how I do it:
   Navigate to /usr/share/xastir/maps/Online/ and edit USRadar.geo.  Change
the last line from '0x0ffffffff' to '0x00000000'.  This declares black to
be transparent instead of white.
   Then, in the map chooser:
   Enable Online/USRadar.geo and Online/tigermap.geo, then click
'properties'.
   In the 'Properties' dialog, first hilight the Online/USRadar.geo line,
then enter 10 in the 'change layer' box and click the 'change layer'
button. Then enter 10 in the 'min zoom' box and click 'min zoom'.
   Next, highlight the Online/tigermap.geo line, and similarily set the map
layer to 5 and the MAX zoom to 4000.
  Finally, click 'close' on the properties dialog, and 'OK on the map
chooser.  Wait for the maps to be fetched.
   At the moment, we're experiencing some 'severe clear' locally, so you'll
have to zoom out to about zoom level 900 in order to see some scattered
weather radar over southern Ontario.

--
Rick Green, N8BJX

                                   -Benjamin Franklin