[Xastir] Xastir question regarding Internet Server

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Mon Mar 19 23:31:35 EDT 2007

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007, Josh Housey wrote:

> that I want Xastir to do is the gating of NWS info. I understand that I
> need to add an Internet server to do this. When I set it up and
> connected, I starting get lots of stations on the map, obviously. I
> figured that out by going to Filter Display and selecting Net that they
> won't be displayed. I am under the impression this is the correct idea
> to get rid of all the stations showing up on the map? I don't think this
> gets rid of anything else on any other of the displays. Actually, is
> there anyway to take this a step further, and only "display" certain
> stations/areas?
  Rather than filter the display, have you tried connecting to a filtered
port on the internet server?  Select port 14580 and put 'm/100' in the
filter parameter box.  Then you won't tie up your internet feed with the
flood of data, and you'll only get packets originating within 100km of
your position.

--
Rick Green

                                   -Benjamin Franklin