[Xastir] Question regarding Linux OS

Dave H davekh at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 12:19:24 EDT 2007

PCLinuxOS is an excellent distro - I'm trying Test Release3 which is the
latest one but
PCLinuxOS 2007 isn't released at time of this writing.. (I looked..just) .
If thats the distro your referring to?

I have been asking in the forums for their authors to include the Ham radio
section in the
repositories, for the new version - nothing heard yet. I don't use Xastir on
my PCLinuxOS
laptop but will give it a try and report back.

Ubuntu is popular and you can easily switch on the ham radio repository and
a few clicks
later have Xastir installed.

There are live distros like AFU Knoppix which are written for hams, but the
versions do tend
to be old I believe AFU Knopix running the version 5 of Knoppix isn't too
far off release.

Dave G0CER
g6vsg on QTel/Echolink