[Xastir] Any Vmware experts out there who can contact me off list?

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sun Mar 25 03:09:32 EDT 2007

On Fri, Mar 23, 2007 at 04:51:24PM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <davidf4 at mindspring.com> flavor, containing:
> Well, I'm pretty sure my issue is with the player itself because any disk
> image (even fresh downloads) I feed it results in the same thing.

Bleah.  Sounds like maybe a corrupt registry?  I dunno, if you uninstalled
vmplayer and reinstalled it, and it still behaves like that, it sounds like
it's less vmplayer and more some hidden thing in losedows that's wedging it.

Unless, of course, vmplayer's uninstall doesn't do a complete removal of all
traces of the player, and what it leaves is corrupted.  If that's the
case, installing the server might not fix it, either.

Have you tried searching vmware.com's web forum for a hint?  It's somewhate
painful to search their forum (their search engine is very bad), but I have
often found good answers there when I'm totally stuck on some mystifying
behavior of vmware.