[Xastir] No Maps .... Still

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Mar 30 09:17:07 EDT 2007

On Fri, 30 Mar 2007, Ray Wells wrote:

> I had to go back to an older Debian release (Woody) to get a couple of
> packages that graphicsmagick required. They installed without dependancy
> or error messages so I'm guessing the system is happy with them. I
> currently have /usr/include/graphicsmagick but the subdirectories under
> that - Magick++, magick and wand - are empty. Looks like some more
> midnight oil needs to be consumed to locate the missing contents 8-(

You don't need wand or Magick++ for Xastir...  Just the ImageMagick
library itself, the header files, and a few of the executables.

Your options are:
*) Install GraphicsMagick packages
*) Install ImageMagick packages
*) Install GraphicsMagick from sources
*) Install ImageMagick from sources

I've done each of these.  If you can't find a packages suitable for
your system then installing from source isn't all that bad.
Assuming you have a development environment and a bit of free disk
space of course.