[Xastir] No Maps .... Still

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Thu Mar 29 23:13:34 EDT 2007

Curt, WE7U wrote:

>On Tue, 27 Mar 2007, Ray Wells wrote:
>

>>After much drama I finally found a deb package for Graphicsmagick and it
>>appears to be working - gm display brings up the logo.
>>
>>However, when I run configure for xastir (1.8.5) it complains it can't
>>find GraphicsMagick-configure, and wants to compile with Imagemagick,
>>which isn't working.
>>
>>Could GraphicsMagic-configure be known by another name on Debian Sarge?
>>

>Unlikely.
>
>Typically if you install a pre-compiled package you'll end up
>installing the libraries and executables, but not the headers.
>There may be another package called something like
>graphicsmagick-devel perhaps? from the same place you found the
>other package.
>
>In order to compile anything that uses libraries, you need the
>header files installed as well.  Often these are in a separate "dev"
>or "devel" package with a similar name.

I think I have all the -dev packs installed. I've certainly spent hours
trying make sure that's the case.

I had to go back to an older Debian release (Woody) to get a couple of
packages that graphicsmagick required. They installed without dependancy
or error messages so I'm guessing the system is happy with them. I
currently have /usr/include/graphicsmagick but the subdirectories under
that - Magick++, magick and wand - are empty. Looks like some more
midnight oil needs to be consumed to locate the missing contents 8-(

Ray vk2tv